All ya gotta do to start trouble is post something by the Cars..

As we all know, I’ve been a slacker with the posting of said bloggage.. I’ve started many, just haven’t finished.. really, I’m working on it…

I have no excuse… I’m online constantly.. so you think I’d get to writing.. but…. I think perhaps I may be spending too much time on Facebook, perhaps..

I have this friend.. I shall call him Glenn (as that is his name…)  and he and I like to banter.. so I thought I’d share one of our offtrack Facebook rants (that likely have people removing us from their feeds.. LOL)

Beth Warren

The Cars – Just What I Needed (1978) Writer: Ric Ocasek Producer: Roy Thomas Baker Bass and Lead vocal: Benjamin Orr Guitar: Elliot Easton Drums: David Robinson
July 29 at 10:03am Custom: loading… · · · Share

Glenn Pelletier And the kids wonder why Mariana’s Trench and Down With Webster doesn’t do it for me.

July 29 at 11:39am · ·

Beth Warren Yeah, word on the street is that this is really keeping the kids up at night..

July 29 at 11:48am · ·

Glenn Pelletier Oh….do I allow me then….to be more specific. “the kids”…….as in MY kids. get it? the only thing keeping the kids you refer to….up at night….is msn and trying to find the latest info. on the party at Brittany’s house when her parents were out-of-town.

July 29 at 11:56am · ·

Glenn Pelletier Tell you what…..if there any of “the kids” checking in with this conversation between a 49-year-old man and his 46-year-old friend, I invite you to view the Cars’ video above…..and then try to wonder why Mariana’s Trench and Down With Webster don’t do it for me.

July 29 at 11:58am · ·

Beth Warren I shall post your request on all my 15 yo FB friends’ pages.. LOL

Hey, there’s no doubt in my mind why they don’t “do it for you”….

July 29 at 12:02pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier Okay…..gotta go. Off to a class titled “Demonstrating Humility While Posting On Facebook.”

July 29 at 12:04pm · ·

Beth Warren Are you teaching or attending?

July 29 at 12:07pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier Attending.

July 29 at 12:54pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier That was my point, doe head.

July 29 at 12:54pm · ·

Beth Warren You and the name calling, CF…..
You are missing my obviously sarcastic tone…. jeezus

July 29 at 12:56pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier ‎”You can call me anything……just don’t call me Doe Head!”

July 29 at 1:01pm · ·

Beth Warren Doe head suggests something from the deer family.. whereas DOUGH head would imply that my head had a delicious squishy centre..
Neither of which I find particularly insulting or offensive. Or dirty. Try harder. LOL

July 29 at 1:26pm · ·

John Matthews OK – for the record. I have always loved the Cars! And as for you two – Glenn … love you on 570 but how does Beth have so many more fb friends than you? Beth – are you hitting on Glenn? Sounds more like a 15 yr old and an 11 yr old going at it! Carry on.

July 29 at 1:57pm · ·

Beth Warren A 15 yo and an 11 yo “going at it” would be most inappropriate. Age of consent in this province is 14.

July 29 at 2:03pm · ·

John Matthews Good point.

July 29 at 2:11pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier Hey John…Beth has so many more fb friends than me, because I have a rule. The moment you say something like “I like eggs” on your newsfeed……yer fucking gone! Plus I tend to blow out the “friends” I don’t actually know, or have never spoken with.

July 29 at 2:14pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier Actually, I keep vowing to do it….but between you and me, John, I don’t have the balls. And damn it, I don’t mind telling you…..I like eggs.

July 29 at 2:23pm · ·

Beth Warren I have a lot of FB friends because I’ve been doing this a helluva lot longer than Pelch has… for one. That, and I bribe them with candy.

Egss are delicious, it’s true.

July 29 at 4:01pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier Oh, Beth, you missed my point. You know damn well I am well-versed in the necessary social networking skills. I have just chosen not to go all Ashton Kutcher on this thing. I mean really….what’s the point? (see: I like eggs.)

July 29 at 4:47pm · ·

Beth Warren Quite the contrary, I grasped your point immediately.. was merely kidding around. And I still like eggs.

July 29 at 4:57pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier Oh really? Sounded to me like you were actually trying to say that if I had been on Facebook as long as you, I would have as many fb “friends.” You think the size of my “friends” list is based on my duration on Facebook? So really, I think you DID miss the point that my having fewer friends was about me deliberately choosing to start picking off the people I don’t actually know (especially if they post ‘I like eggs” on their newsfeed.

July 29 at 5:05pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier Now buy me a Virgin. Caesar.

July 29 at 5:07pm · ·

Beth Warren Perhaps I just filter my friends differently, but I don’t believe any of my friends have ever posted of their love of any type of dairy product. Now, liquor on the other hand…

July 29 at 5:07pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier I sometimes like to sign off posts with the name ‘Caesar’.

July 29 at 5:07pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier Eggs are not dairy…but I will say no more. I have beaten you up already.

July 29 at 5:09pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier Fuck it I can’t help myself. Where the fuck are the 2 per cent eggs? There’s only homo here!

July 29 at 5:11pm · ·

Beth Warren Ok, I’ll give you the “eggs are not dairy”…. apparently the food pyramid people moved them into the meat/protein section in 2005. I missed the memo.

Beaten up? LOL. Bring it, Pelch.

July 29 at 5:13pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier I need to get out. I have turned into a divorced man with no money, sitting in his shitty apartment, spending hours ranting on Facebook. Actually, forget it…..I just realized, I was thinking of someone else.

July 29 at 5:13pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier No, Darwin included them in the protein section in the mid-nineteenth century.

July 29 at 5:15pm · ·

Beth Warren Well, at least Facebook is keeping you off the streets and out of the seedy bars…..

July 29 at 5:15pm · ·

Beth Warren Fuck. you do need to get out. Sitting around arguing online about Canada’s food guide. Quick! In which food group is quinoa??!

July 29 at 5:17pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier ah………………………definitely not desert!

July 29 at 5:17pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier I mean dessert.

July 29 at 5:18pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier Hell, maybe desert too, depending on whether it actually needs water to survive.

July 29 at 5:18pm · ·

Beth Warren How on earth did this go from appreciation of the Cars music to dessert?

July 29 at 5:19pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier Ignore post above. The Sahara is not a food group.

July 29 at 5:19pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier Beth, I have a feeling that bantering wtih you, will delay any possible dementia in me. I want to thank you for that.

July 29 at 5:20pm · ·

Beth Warren You nearly had me fooled. Had to check the food guide. Nope. Wasn’t there. Although I have sampled some cooking that wasn’t as tasty as sand…

July 29 at 5:20pm · ·

Beth Warren I believe you mean “further dementia”.

July 29 at 5:21pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier So about the fucking quinoa!

July 29 at 5:21pm · ·

Beth Warren And you are welcome.

July 29 at 5:21pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier LOL

July 29 at 5:22pm · ·

Beth Warren Quinoa is delicious. Although most think it’s a grain, it’s not truly.. and it’s very high in protein. It’s also a town in Peru and an album by Tangerine Dream.

July 29 at 5:23pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier I am spent…..it was good for me. Was it good for you? How about a smoke?

July 29 at 5:27pm · · 1 personLoading… ·

Beth Warren Glenn, you realize of course, that anyone who “LIKED” this link originally is now cursing as they are being inundated with notifications of our food groups discussion. However, they likely learned something.. so it’s not a total loss.

July 29 at 5:28pm · ·

Beth Warren LOL. Now I’ll have to think of some other wacky status update or link to inspire more discussion. Or I’ll go back to my tequila thread.

July 29 at 5:29pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier If they have actually followed this entire stream, they are witnessing a classic example of how a chick with brains can wake a guy up. Thanks for that.

July 29 at 5:32pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier So, Virgin Caesar and a smoke?

July 29 at 5:33pm · ·

Beth Warren More than welcome.

July 29 at 5:33pm · ·

Beth Warren I’m more inclined to order a pint and a shot of tequila. Caesars are breakfast food. LOL

July 29 at 5:34pm · ·

Beth Warren Or should there have been a comma after Virgin?

July 29 at 5:34pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier And while I am awake, you have kept my from posting on my newsfeed that “Glenn likes cutting his fingernails regularly.”

July 29 at 5:35pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier I want to stay in downtown Kitchener, so, no there is no comma after Virgin.

July 29 at 5:36pm · ·

Beth Warren whoa! you’re KIDDING me, right??!!!! wow.

July 29 at 5:37pm · ·

Beth Warren LMAO!

July 29 at 5:38pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier you mean about the comma-less Virgin or cutting my fingernails regularly?

July 29 at 5:38pm · ·

Beth Warren laughing re: comma-less virgin.. amazed at your nail cutting. You have some pretty exotic hobbies. CALM. DOWN.

July 29 at 5:39pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier Also trying to find a non-smoking bingo player. I hear there is ONE in Belleville, but that was only because of doctor’s orders.

July 29 at 5:42pm · ·

Beth Warren what are you going to do with him or her when you find them? keep it as a pet?

July 29 at 5:43pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier No. Find out if being the only non-smoking bingo player in Belleville made him/her feel shunned, ashamed, diminished in any way.

July 29 at 5:46pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier I am also trying to find the only BINGO player in Rosedale – smoking, non-smoking, ashamed, shunned, or otherwise.

July 29 at 5:47pm · ·

Beth Warren I’m going to have to say the thing for bingo players is among the most unusual fetishes I’ve heard.

July 29 at 5:51pm · ·

John Matthews

OMG – that’s a cool 15yo thing right? I’m 46 just so ya know – and I know you don’t give a rat’s ass.

So I was going to interrupt – give thoughts on eggs and virgins – but nah. Then I considered a exercise in missing the point – but that w…ould have been wasted energy. Loads of other topics to comment on – but why interrupt perfectly good finger nail cutting I ask you? So I started reading the thread to my wife – and I got to the bingo fetish (not suspiciously 34 comments after the “divorced man, shitty apartment” comment) and she says, “Tell them to get a room.” Ha!

Glenn – I bet you hate Christmas now right? Beth – Who needs questions when there are so many answers? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QuinoaSee More

July 29 at 8:21pm · ·

John Matthews And as the most classic Car(ol) song says:

I’m so glad we had this time together,Just to have a laugh, or sing a song.Seems we just get started and before you Know itComes the time we have to say, “So long”.

July 29 at 8:22pm · ·

Beth Warren

Not to speak for my friend Glenn, but he has two beautiful girls so I’m sure Christmas is still full of joy and wonderment.. but again, not my place to say. Just thought I’d interject since a-it’s my thread and b- I think Pelch is off havi…ng a manicure so may not be able to respond in a timely manner.

re: rat’s ass.. I’m 46 as well.. all good. and I have a 15 yo.. LOL
re: room…. oh my. I have a room thanks.. LOL.. it’s quite pretty..

I still like eggs in all varied forms except fertilized. I’m not a virgin. and I enjoy quinoa.See More

July 29 at 8:33pm · ·

Beth Warren hahaha john.. either you are enjoying the entertainment or totally regretting adding me as a friend at this point.. LOL

July 29 at 8:34pm · ·

John Matthews This is now the most entertaining page on FB … well this and NPR! (JK) PS I was going to send Glenn a Christmas CD – no joke!

July 29 at 8:35pm · ·

Beth Warren Send him the Nickelback Christmas CD.. he’ll be your friend forever.

July 29 at 8:36pm · ·

John Matthews OUCH – before they tamed his extra-curricular banter over at 570 he would always talk about his love for good Christmas music – but I don’t recall him saying anything about Nickleback.

July 29 at 8:51pm · ·

Beth Warren LMAO! Nickelback is a long running joke between us.. I’m a troublemaker..

July 29 at 8:52pm · ·

Glenn Pelletier Hey John, the following tells you everything you need to know about my thoughts regarding Nickelback. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDgs1iroYyY

July 29 at 9:50pm · ·

Beth Warren haha I already sent him the link!

July 29 at 9:50pm · ·

John Matthews Ok – that was funny.

Life: All good
Love: Nothing to see here
Pants:  I’ve been very lazy and am quite lucky I do not weigh 300+ pounds.  Need to get back at it..
Advertisements

One response to “All ya gotta do to start trouble is post something by the Cars..

1. Oh my that was fun to read again!!