So. 2008 was a helluva year.
- Moved 2 hours away from my children and friends to work at a job I loved
- Lived in someone’s basement for 6 months
- Got dumped by my boyfriend
- Discovered that I was horribly allergic to Ibuprofen to the point where I used my EpiPen several times and looked like a misshapen freak.
- My father was diagnosed with Leukemia
- Bought a house
- My daughter came to live with me in Barrie.
- Got canned from the job I no longer loved
- Bought a car
- Put the house up for sale
- Made plans to get outta Dodge.
Those are the highlights. Or the lowlights. Depending on how you look at it, I guess.
Suffice it to say that 2008 has not been my favourite years of those I have lived. I’m forty fuckin’ four, unemployed, unattached and somewhat uninspired. Of the “uns” the only one I am NOT is underweight.
I have time on my hands.. and I figure that being the computer junkie that I am that I can use it somewhat constructively to evaluate what the hell is going on with my life through blogging. Or use it to mock others. Or waste time. Or post porn. Guess it will depend on my mood and how much I’ve had to drink.
The title you ask? Life would be fairly obvious I would think, but if you are marginally challenged, I shall explain… it will have to do with what is going on in my life.
Love .. *sigh*. Commenting on my love life. Or lack thereof more than likely. This is a touchy topic. Oh wait. There is nothing to report. Problem solved.
Pants. Who doesn’t love pants? They have pockets.. you can put things in them! I found $20 in mine today! It was freshly laundered. I used that $20 to buy the bottle of wine I am now consuming .. and had enough change left to… uh.. put back in my pants. Pants also has to do with the fact that I’d like to fit into smaller pants. So I am going to work on that as well.
Bottom line.. I suck at New Year’s Resolutions. I’m thinking if I write about it and post it where others can witness it, maybe I’ll be forced to live up to them. So here they are in all their glory:
- Get a job. Preferably one I love and can utilize my skills – mocking others and my insane knowledge of useless trivial information. I am thinking “game show host”.
- Move. I love the house I bought. LOVE IT. That’s the biggest bitch about this whole deal. However, I want to live closer to Waterloo where I can see my kids more regularly and be near my friends and people that I love. Do they have any game shows in Waterloo?
- Find me a boyfriend. I like boys. A lot. However, I seem to be somewhat smarter than many of them and this seems to scare them off. Or it’s my insane good looks. Or my lack of ego. Or the fact that I have spent the last month in my rec room and actually don’t meet humans. I am also removing myself from any internet dating crap (more on that another time). Time to put on my big girl pants and meet aforementioned humans.
- Adopt a healthier lifestyle. i.e. more veggies, less crap, less liquor (unless it’s a special occasion, like, Tuesday..) more exercise. This will be my greatest challenge as you actually have to get off the couch….
So..Life? meh.. could be worse. Love? I have many people who love me. I’m sure it will all work out eventually. Pants? I lost 3 pounds over the holidays and I found $20 in my jeans today. I think that’s a good start.